Events DC Monitoring Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
Events DC is closely monitoring the developments of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), an emerging strain of a virus previously unidentified in humans. As widely reported, the first confirmed cases were discovered in Wuhan, China. Since these first reports, new confirmed cases have arisen elsewhere in China and abroad.
Events DC is guided by the District of Columbia Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) in understanding and communicating the most up-to-date information about the virus and ways to help control its spread. These include:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staying home when feeling sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Seeking immediate medical attention if you are feeling flu-like symptoms for more than three days.
Events DC’s venues, including the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, remain open for scheduled events and activities. We will continue to share information about the coronavirus as it becomes available.
In the meantime, here are some helpful links: