Case Study: AT&T Nation’s Football Classic®
Among Events DC’s standout moments was the unveiling of DC’s newest sports tradition: the AT&T Nation’s Football Classic®, which is held annually at RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.
Organized by Events DC, the AT&T Nation's Football Classic® showcases the tradition, service, unity and heritage of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and offers an enriching cultural experience that can’t be matched. Since 2011, the Classic has featured Howard University and Morehouse College, two of the nation’s most prominent HBCUs. In 2015, Events DC celebrated the fifth year with a new match-up between MEAC rivals, Howard University and Hampton University.
Click below to view the 2015 AT&T Nation’s Football Classic® recap.
Boasting a roster of illustrious educators, academics, journalists and entertainers, Classic weekend features the following events in addition to the game:
* Technoir: The Innovators Classic
- pitch competition amongst entrepreneurs and African-American-owned startups
* AT&T Presidents Reception Presented by Wells Fargo
* U.S. Marine Corps Welcome Dinner
* AT&T Kickoff Rally
- official pep rally featuring performances by national recording artists
* Presidential Symposium
- explores educational and social issues facing the African-American communi
* "The Game Before the Game:" Howard University vs. Hampton University Student Debate
* HBCU College/Career Fair with the Congresional Black Caucus Foundation
* Pepsi Fan Festival
- games, music, food and exhibit booths
* AT&T Nation's Football Classic®
* H Street Festival
* #HashtagLunchBagDC - community service event to prepare and distribute lunch to those in need
* Chapel Service
Students, alumni and supporters from around the country are invited to come together in Washington, DC to celebrate the pride, pageantry and energy of black college football with a weekend filled with education, fun and entertainment for the whole family.
For more information, visit nationsfootballclassic.com